What do I need to know before having a distant reiki session?
It is wise to give thought to when you are going to have the distant healing session – you would not want to be rushing straight out, be going out drinking alcohol soon after or have a big event planned the next day etc.
My clients particularly enjoy a session early on a Friday and Sunday evening; it sets them up well for the weekend or week ahead.
Preparing for a distant healing session
· About 10 mins before the start, put on relaxing music, dim the lights or light candles.
· Make yourself comfortable (lying down is usually best) and ensure you won't be disturbed.
· Get into a relaxed or meditative state.
· Allow yourself to relax further and set the intention to receive distant reiki healing from, for example, me (Jo Hanby) and for it to go wherever it needs to. You can say something like… "I am ready to receive healing reiki energy from Jo Hanby (name of reiki practitioner) and for the reiki to go wherever it needs to," (or some such wording that resonates with you, but do include the name of the practitioner).
During the session
· During the session you may feel cold or hot or feel pressure/heaviness or changes within your body; this is the energy shifting. It is not always the same feeling/s and can be different for others, so that is just a guide.
· If your mind wonders, accept that it is wondering and bring it back into a relaxed state.
· Don’t worry if you fall asleep – the energy will still be received.
· The sessions are usually around 30-40 mins; you will probably notice once it has stopped.
After the session
Ensure you drink lots of water and avoid a heavy meal. It is advisable to have an early night. You may feel tired or any existing aches and pains could increase for a short time – this is all temporary whilst the energy shifts and the body heals. Contact your therapist if you have any queries.
Jo Hanby is a Reiki Master Practitioner / Teacher for people and pets. Click here to book reiki sessions or enquire about learning reiki.
If you are interested in happiness and spiritual life coaching, then find out how Jo can help you at www.spirituallifecoachuk.co.uk